Nik Collection 2018 Released
DxO Releases Bugfix Update for Nik Collection
DxO Labs has released an updated version of Nik Collection – a set of seven plugins designed for photographers and graphic designers.
The update contains no new features but includes improvements to make the software more stable and more compatible with recent releases of Photoshop, Photoshop Elements and Lightroom.
Future Updates to Take Account of User Feedback
Whilst the current update focuses on improvements to stability and compatibility, future updates will make use of user feedback: “Using Uservoice-type surveys, we will be reaching out to the user community, from whom we greatly desire to gather feedback about their experiences and gain insight into their expectations,” said Jean-Marc Alexia, VP of Product Strategy and Marketing.
The announcement came on the same day the release of DxO’s PhotoLab 1.2 (formerly DxO OpticsPro) was announced.
Nik Collection includes seven powerful plugins for Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop, and Photoshop Elements that offer a full range of creative effects and filters:
- Analog Efex Pro applies analog film, camera and lens simulations to digital photos.
- Color Efex Pro includes a set of filters for color correction, touch-up, and creative effects.
- Dfine reduces the noise of digital images by analyzing the specificities of each device.
- HDR Efex Pro processes images in HDR.
- Sharpener Pro increases the accuracy and enhances the detail of digital images.
- Silver Efex Pro is a black and white image conversion solution inspired by darkroom techniques.
- Viveza locally adjusts the color and tone of specific areas of the image.
DxO also have a download link for the previous 2012 Nik Collection version (registration required). This free version does not come with any support.